- Industrial Instrumentation
- Manuals Requests:
- DNA Testing
- What is Electrical Engineering?
- How Satellite TV Works?
- Website Hosting?
- What is cord blood?
- What is Data Recovery?
- Online Engineering Education
- General Electric Turbine
- Nature Photos
- Electrical Glossary
- Electrical Engineering Overview
- Electrical Courses and Lectures
- Fundamental of Electricity 1
- Fundamentals Of Electricity 2
- Fundamentals Of Electricity 3
- Electrical Distribution Equipments Part A
- Electrical Distribution Equipments Part B
- Electric Motors Course
Friday, June 29, 2012
A Typical ACSR Conductor
An ACSR (aluminium conductor steel reinforced) conductor consist of strands of aluminium and steel. The inner steel strands provide strength. The current is carried by the outer aluminium strands. Aluminium has a higher resitivity than copper but is lighter and more abundant.