- Industrial Instrumentation
- Manuals Requests:
- DNA Testing
- What is Electrical Engineering?
- How Satellite TV Works?
- Website Hosting?
- What is cord blood?
- What is Data Recovery?
- Online Engineering Education
- General Electric Turbine
- Nature Photos
- Electrical Glossary
- Electrical Engineering Overview
- Electrical Courses and Lectures
- Fundamental of Electricity 1
- Fundamentals Of Electricity 2
- Fundamentals Of Electricity 3
- Electrical Distribution Equipments Part A
- Electrical Distribution Equipments Part B
- Electric Motors Course
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
1. BODY. The body is forged steel and designed to the basic
dimensional requirements of the applicable specifications such as API 602 and ASME B16.34. The body is available in both the full or standard port design.
2. BONNET. The bonnet is forged steel, has an integral backseat and incorporates the stuffing box, which has dimensions per the applicable specifications such as API 602.
3. BODY-BONNET JOINT. Two different bonnet joint designs are available. These are either the bolted bonnet or the threaded and seal welded type.
4. GASKET. The bolted bonnet joint design valve uses a contained, controlled compression, spiral wound type gasket.
5. BONNET BOLTING. The bonnet bolting is manufactured of alloy steel in accordance with the requirements of the applicable specifications such as API 602 and ASME B16.34.
6. SEAT RINGS. The seat rings are steel and makeup part of the valve trim. They are pressed into the valve body and wedged into place, forming a seal with the body. The seating surfaces are ground and lapped.
7. WEDGE. The wedge, which is solid design, is forged or
investment cast steel and is part of the valve trim. The seating surfaces are ground and lapped
8. STEM. The stem is forged steel and part of the valve trim. It contains an integral back seat shoulder, which mates with the integral backseat of the bonnet. The stem is designed to the basic dimensional requirements of the applicable specifications such as API 602.
9. GLAND AND FLANGE. The gland, gland flange assembly utilizes a separate, two piece design. This self aligning design allows the flange to be unevenly tightened while the gland maintains it’s parallel alignment with the stem and stuffing box.
10. GLAND BOLTS AND NUTS. The steel/stainless steel gland bolt and nut assembly is a stud, double nut arrangement. This design allows complete removal from the valve when service is required. The use of industry standard thread full length studs and nuts also allows easy replacement should these items be lost or in need of replacement.
11. YOKE SLEEVE. The yoke sleeve is of forged stainless steel material having a high melting point and is resistant to wear and corrosion.
12. HANDWHEEL. The handwheel is forged carbon steel of an open spoke design. This robust construction along with appropriate sizing allows for ease of operation