- Industrial Instrumentation
- Manuals Requests:
- DNA Testing
- What is Electrical Engineering?
- How Satellite TV Works?
- Website Hosting?
- What is cord blood?
- What is Data Recovery?
- Online Engineering Education
- General Electric Turbine
- Nature Photos
- Electrical Glossary
- Electrical Engineering Overview
- Electrical Courses and Lectures
- Fundamental of Electricity 1
- Fundamentals Of Electricity 2
- Fundamentals Of Electricity 3
- Electrical Distribution Equipments Part A
- Electrical Distribution Equipments Part B
- Electric Motors Course
Friday, June 29, 2012
Glass or porcelain insulator strings are used to suspend overhead lines. They form a set of series capacitors and have stray capacitance with the tower which causes variation in the voltage distribution. Metal tubes are added at the HV end of the string to improve the voltage distribution.